Director of Youth Ministry
Full Time Position
St. Matthew’s is looking for a vibrant and positive Director of Youth Ministry. The person in this role needs to have a strong foundation in the Catholic faith and have a love and appreciation for young people. The ideal candidate will be organized, strategic and adaptable. Additional skills needed for this position are: strong communication, the ability to collaborate and work well with a team, the ability to handle and resolve conflicts, and hunger to learn and grow in faith.
- Coordinating and overseeing 6th-12th grade youth groups
- Coordinating and overseeing Confirmation sacrament preparation
- Coordinating and overseeing Young Adult Ministry
- Coordinating and overseeing vocations programming to young people
- Recruiting, training, and supporting ministry volunteers (including Confirmation teachers)
- Working in cooperation with the Diocese on projects and youth retreats
Additionally, this position comes with beautiful blessings and challenges:
- Flexible schedule with evening and weekend requirements
- Addressing various social justice and life issues with young people
- Embracing unexpected challenges and being able to pivot and adapt quickly
- Being trusted to walk with youth (and volunteers) at their highest highs and lowest lows
- Opportunities for continuing education and personal development
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Fr. Steve Titus or contact the Parish Office at: 307-682-3319.
6th & 8th Grade (non-Sacramental Jr. High Youth group):
Emphasis on Saints & learning to read the bible using the "Encounter" program from Ascension press as video series once monthly. Additional mix of fun, adoration, and service projects.
7th Grade: Confirmation
Tim Meuer is so excited to lead you in preparation for Confirmation! He is committed to making things compelling and interesting for both adults and youth as we discover the power of the Holy Spirit together. Confirmation students also get to attend the highly anticipated “Fire & Ice” youth Holy Spirit retreat in December.
9th-12th Grade: “4:12 Youth”
High School youth group has a new name voted on by current youth! There are several important scriptures in the bible where Chapter 4, Verse 12 is very impactful, and that is where the name comes from. 1 Timothy 4:12 says, “Let no one have contempt for your youth, but set an example for those who believe, in speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity.” Our High School program aims to meet youth where they are to make sure they feel loved, seen and supported, as well as getting practical tools to live their life with faith in a secularized world.