Greetings Liturgy Ministers,
We are in the process of taking over the scheduling duties from Debbie Seeman. We have some huge shoes to fill so please be patient with us as we learn the ropes.
We do not foresee any major changes to the scheduling process. Debbie has a great system and we will use it at least until we feel comfortable with the system.
Please feel free to contact one or both of us with any questions or concerns. If you have any changes, please let us know by the 15th of the month and we will do our best to get them on the next month’s schedule.
We will continue to use the Facebook group as an additional resource for notifications. The lectors have done an amazing job of contacting and securing subs as needed. There are several EMHC’s who are temporarily unavailable to serve. We ask the EMHC’s who are on the Facebook group to post if they will be gone on their scheduled week. It will give the other EMHC’s who are not scheduled notice that they should check to see if they need to serve that weekend.
Thanks again for your patience as we learn!
Music Ministry and Lectors (to learn more please click the title)
- Please be sure to Review the schedule closely. There are always volunteer changes which change the schedule.
- If you volunteer for multiple Liturgy Ministries, be sure you only volunteer for one Ministry per Mass. If you are a member of a Music group find a “buddy” who will agree to switch weekends with you when your schedule conflicts with other Ministry slots.
- “LITURGY Ministers-St. Matthews, Gillette” is a close/secret group on Facebook. Please find & ask to join or email Debbie Seeman to request an add.
- If your contact info, cell phone, email or mailing address have changed, please contact me (info in bulletin) or St. Matthew’s Office.
If You are unable to fulfill your scheduled obligation, be sure to contact another Lector to sub for you.
Liturgy Contact Lists (as of 1/4/22):
Below you will find a list of contact information for Lectors and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. Click on the corresponding ministry to go to the list of volunteers. You will find the list organized by Mass and alphabetically. You can also request a sub on the ministry Facebook group “LITURGY Ministers-St. Matthew’s Gillette”
Click HERE then click Bookmark to go to Lectors
Click HERE then click Bookmark to go to EMHCs
- Arrive at the church at least 15 minutes before Mass begins
- If you arrive after Mass begins, you surrender your duty as a Lector for that week & your Lector partner will act as 1st and 2nd Lector.
- Check in before Mass so Father and your fellow Lector will know you are there.
- Remain in the sacristy for prayer with the ministry team before Mass starts
- Please be seated in a pew in the center aisle. Approaching the altar from the center flows smoother & more naturally.
- If Deacon Kim is serving at your Mass he carries the Gospel Book in the procession and reads the Prayers of the Faithful.
Proper preparation, meditation and prayer of your readings will help your proclamation reflect that the Lord indeed has given you the gifts and skills necessary to proclaim his words. You will then be able to live the words from Isaiah "The Lord God has given me a well-trained tongue" with self confidence and poise.
**** All readings are from the USCCB website